Today is my 25th birthday.
For weeks, I was so excited about turning 25, but the closer I got to this day the more I anxiety I felt about hitting a quarter-century. My stubborn mind didn’t want to let go of the fact that I hadn’t accomplished anything on my Birthday Goals list, and last Friday I had a mini-breakdown. It didn’t matter that emotional breakdowns are normal when my period is on. NOPE! I was totally freaking out because my life looks nothing like the fantasy I’ve been coddling for years.
As someone who has suffered from anxiety and depression a majority of my adult life, through all of my breakdowns and birthday themed todo list, I am still so grateful to be celebrating 25 cycles around the sun. And I wanted to share 25 lessons that I’ve learned with you that helped get me excited about the next year of my life!
HERE ARE 25 LIFE LESSONS THAT HELPING ME RECLAIM MY LIFE1. Patience is key. You should appreciate the time it takes to get from point a to point b.
2. No is the most powerful word in your vocabulary. When you say NO to things that you don’t want, you make room for all of your desires to manifest.
3. Fight your anxiety with knowledge. Usually when you’re freaking out it’s because you’re not 100% sure about something, so you need to make time to grow where you feel weak.
4. There are at least 10 people in the world who love and support you unconditionally. You don’t have to question who supports you because they will always show you the love that you need.
5. Fear is fake news. You don’t know what could happen next, so you should remain positive and trust the process.
6. Solo dance parties and bedroom concerts are necessary. You should be committed to having fun even if you have to do it alone.
7. Your only responsibility is you. It isn’t your job to solve anyone else’s problems but your own.
8. Anger is a strong emotion. Sometimes people need to be fussed out and that’s okay.
9. Stop explaining yourself. People can only understand from their point-of-view.
10. Practice makes perfect. Everything you do won’t be perfect, but you should always do your very best.
11. People want to help you. You should practice being more open to the support that you need.
12. Try new things all the time. There are so many doors waiting to be opened if you are willing to go into the unknown.
13. There are no rules in life. Challenge yourself to push past your own limits.
14. You’re not a robot. But you can hit restart as much as you want.
15. Life happens in cycles. Once you understand who you are, then you will be able to flow into your seasons gracefully.
16. Plan out as much as you can. Living a stress free life only happens when you take the time to plan.
17. Set boundaries in all your relationships. Living unconditionally can be tragic sometimes, so save yourself the heartache by constantly reclaiming your time and space.
18. All you need is your imagination. If you can see it, then it is going to happen.
19. Forget about what you don’t want. Focus on the things that bring you joy.
20. In time all things move. Stop forcing change and let it happen naturally.
21. Life is a choice. Every morning we are allowed to make a decision to live our best life or die without trying- make the right decision.
22. Have fun. Life is a game, so have fun playing to win!
23. A clock is a fools ruler. Stop measuring your life by how much time has passed.
24. When you give to yourself, the whole world benefits. The world revolves around you, so don’t let anyone tell you differently.
25. Love yourself! You are the most important person in your life!
Each day we have a chance to go after our hearts desires. It can be tough, but in time, you will come to understand why every twist and turn was worth it.
Soul Feminist will be back up and running soon! Until then, you can subscribe to the email list to be informed when new content is available.
Sending you love from my side of the internet.