I know what it feels like to be an #AwkwardBlackGirl. There was a time when I didn't know how to navigate myself, so I hid from the world. No matter how much I was being affirmed by friends and family, I knew I would never fit it.
Though it has taken some time to accept, I know that my inability to fit in isn't a flaw. I am not a failure, and nothing is wrong with me. Confusion, depression, abandonment, and anxiety have all made me feel self-conscious. And I have cried many nights for a better life. I have admitted to struggling with suicidal thoughts. I’ve felt ugly and like I would never be worthy of love. I’ve called myself names. I’ve struggled to find my place in the world, sustain my well-being, and ignore my inner-critic.
Though I’ve struggles with anxiety and depression my whole life, I continue to find peace in myself.
When I first fell in love with myself, I felt overwhelmed with joy. I had never felt so good in my life. I believed that everything was possible, and I wanted all Black Women to feel the joy I felt.
Soul Feminist was born.
Soul Feminist is where Black Women come to revolutionize their self-love.
• We will grow and love together.
• We will acknowledge our bad days, and celebrate all the times we got through them.
• We will acknowledge our good days, and understand all the times we didn’t think we would make it.
• We will acknowledge our right to be powerful and magical, and find tools to discover love and create joy.
• We will be patient with ourselves and our love, and trust that life is always blooming for us.
• We will nourish our spirits and answer our deepest desires.
• We will discuss the mysteries of Black Womanhood, and accept their importance.
But most of all,
WE WILL REVOLUTIONIZE OUR SELF-LOVE.
Soul Feminist is about shared experiences that bring us closer to our inner-being.
I’m so excited to share my self-love journey with you, and I know I will inspire you in the process.
Hey, it’s your girl Lyn! I’m a writer who absolutely loves loving myself.
WRITING AROUND THE INTERNET
SPEAKING & TEACHING
Conference & event talks
Conference & event workshops
1-1 personal life coaching